Prosciutto is a beloved cold cut thanks to its great taste and versatility: you can put it in your panini, enjoy it as a pizza topping, paired with good cheese and wine, etc.
Corte Marchigiana’s prosciutto is a cured and seasoned product with a long maturation. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
Maybe you don’t know these five facts about prosciutto:
1. In Ancient Rome, they were already talking about prosciutto, as proven by written documents by Catone and Polibio from 100 BC. The name ‘prosciutto’ comes from the Latin Perex Suctum, which means ‘dried up,’ ‘cured.’
2. The Italian Heavy Pig, unique in the world thanks to the breeding criteria used in the country, can provide the best meat for prosciutto.
3. The pig breeds used to produce prosciutto are Large White, Landrace and Duroc.
4. Prosciutto is low in cholesterol and rich in oleic acid, which prevents blood circulation problems.
5. Sea salt is preferred over rock salt for curing (salt makes up 2-4% of the entire prosciutto)
Enjoy this delicious prosciutto from Central Italy, Le Marche region, in our vacuum-sealed packages of 100g. Ready to be added to your cold cuts plate, sandwich, pizza or anything you can chef up!
Hand-slicing prosciutto: helps to preserve the aroma and texture. It is generally preferred over machine-cutting because the slices follow the natural disposition of the fibers in the prosciutto. In this way, the meat is more tender and preserves its mouth-watering and mature flavour. We will cut your prosciutto right here in Hong Kong to ensure the freshest and most fragrant slice.