Corte Marchigiana’s prosciutto is a cured and seasoned product with a long maturation. Gluten-free and lactose-free.
Prosciutto is a beloved cold cut thanks to its great taste and versatility: you can put it in your panini, enjoy it as a pizza topping, paired with good cheese and wine, etc.
Maybe you don’t know these five facts about prosciutto:
1. The Italian Heavy Pig, unique in the world thanks to the breeding criteria used in the country, can provide the best meat for prosciutto.
2. The pig breeds used to produce prosciutto are Large White, Landrace and Duroc.
3. In Ancient Rome, they were already talking about prosciutto, as proven by written documents by Catone and Polibio from 100 BC. The name ‘prosciutto’ comes from the Latin Perex Suctum, which means ‘dried up,’ ‘cured.’
4. Sea salt is preferred over rock salt for curing (salt makes up 2-4% of the entire prosciutto)
5. Prosciutto is low in cholesterol and rich in oleic acid, which prevents blood circulation problems.
Enjoy this delicious prosciutto from Central Italy, Le Marche region, in our vacuum-sealed packages of 100g. Ready to be added to your cold cuts plate, sandwich, pizza or anything you can chef up!